Friday, July 24, 2009

What's For Dinner?


ASIAN BEEF
This was so yummy I just had to blog it! I modified a recipe that originated from "Cooking Light" and then went to " A Year of Slow Cooking" (excellent site. crockpot365.blogspot.com) and then came to me. Here's my version!

4 lb Boneless Beef Roast (mine was a little smaller)
1/2 cup Soy Sauce (I used reduced sodium)
1/2 7oz bottle Hoisin Sauce
6 tb Ketchup
4 tb Honey
3t minced dry Garlic
1 tb Ginger (I used the already in the jar stuff)
1 Serano Pepper (I seeded 1/2 of it, and left in half the seeds.)

Plop it all in your crockpot!
Mine was done in 5 hours on High. Then I shredded it and put it on warm with the lid off to thicken the sauce. Ate it about an hour later. That step may not be necessary as the sauce really was so good and thinner would probably have been OK. But I would want to have it shredded and sitting in the sauce for a bit anyway.

I served it over shredded cabbage which gave it a nice light summery feel! Our only side was cantaloupe chunks. It turned out to be a great summer time meal. No starchy carb. Egg rolls? Rice obviously. But we really enjoyed it just this way because it is H-O-T here right now!

2 comments:

  1. Have I seen those plates before? That's a beautiful picture, and it sounds DELICIOUS. Can't wait to try it. I LOVE your blog! You are keeping up your side of the bargain much better than I! I'll get going on the blogging!
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Yum! I think I'll put it on next weeks menu! You should be a food photographer, and professional chef! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete